Wednesday, August 11, 2010

glitter review update.

NYX Gliterati Glitter Cream Palette



I got this palette about a month ago from www.cherryculture.com along with various other products. Check out my original blog post to see the other items I purchased. Anyhow, back to the topic at hand. I'm sad to say that I am very disappointed. I attempted to use some of these glitters during my rainbow series and they failed miserably. First I attempted to overlay a dark blue glitter over a blue shadow. Not only was there very little color or glitter pay off on my skin, but the cream made the shadow separate and smudge. Next I tried applying the glitter cream directly to my lip without shadow beneath. Although this went slightly more smoothly, it was very far from what I was expecting. Again, the cream left very little color pay off on my lid and there was even less glitter. In addition, it felt very moist and like it would take quite some time to dry. Despite these facts, I am not giving up quite so easily. I do feel that this palette will come in handy some day, it's just figuring out how to make the colors work well. One possibility is to use the glitter cream as an accent over liner or designs around the eye for occasions such as Halloween.

Alrighty, that's all for now my loves!

No comments:

Post a Comment