Sunday, August 1, 2010

everyday neutral tutorial

......


......


how to get this look

step one:
Prime eyes from lash line to brow and under eyes.
step two:
Using a round crease brush, apply a medium brown shadow
to the outer corner, the outer half of your lash line,
and half way into the crease. Don't use too much shadow here,
and keep it within these areas. You don't want it to go much
above your crease into the highlight area. However, if it does,
take a makeup wedge, and lightly swipe it off.
step three
Now take a shadow 2-3 shades lighter than the crease color,
and apply with a fluffy blending brush over the entire lid.
Don't forget to blend well and don't place this color
above the crease line.
step four:
Place the NYX jumbo eye pencil in milk on the inner corner,
or tear duct, and just beneath the highest point under the brow.
Now, using a fluffy blending brush and a skin tone colored
shadow, blend out the jumbo eye pencil.
**TIP**
By adding a small amount of light pink to the skin
tone shadow will open and brighten your eyes even more!
step five:
With a stiff, flat brush, apply a dark brown shadow
to the lash line. In this look, I applied the shadow in
a straight line from the center of my eye.
step six:
Mascara and done!



face
So, if you don't already know who Kandee Johnson is, look her up NOW! She is amazing in every way possible. Anyhow, I saw this video of hers, that I now cannot find, where she used L'Oreal True Match cover up in two shades to cover and contour. She basically covered her face in the color closest to her skin color and contoured with a color 2-3 shades darker. When you contour, the darker color is applied in a "3" shape to the frame of your face: temples, hallows to cheeks, and jaw line. BLEND BLEND BLEND! I think applied a very thin layer of loose powder over my entire face and a light bronzy rose blush to the hollows and upper part of my cheeks. Of course, prior to applying cover up I covered blemishes using Sephora's concealer quad. Here's a quick lesson in color theory and cover up: green conceals red blemishes, purple hides freckle like spots, and yellow helps with green colored patches. I use the lightest tan under my eyes and just under the brow and the darker color on my lid to smooth and even skin tone. Once I get my youtube page up and running, I'll be sure to show you this. Reading only helps so much.



.....





That's all for now! Stay beautiful!


No comments:

Post a Comment