Saturday, August 7, 2010

color in my world.

beauty tip: COLOR

So, lucky me, I'm in Jersey. No, not with the orange colored beef cakes, but the Long Island born Jews. I'm here because my older cousin just graduated college and the entire family, all opinionated and outspoken 18 of us, are reuniting for the first time in about 4 years. Anyhow, I was doing a very neutral smokey eye, and became bored with the simplicity of it. Then, I remembered a fun trick I like to do, and thought you all might enjoy it as well!

Instead of using a black or brown liner, I use a colored. When used well, a small pop of color will subtly add dimension, intensity, and brightness to an otherwise dull look. Today I chose purple, as shown below. When applying a colored liner, I suggest using a soft pencil such as those by NYX, and only line the upper lid so the color isn't too over powering. With this specific look, I first applied a purple shadow with a large angled brush, then tight lined with the purple liner.

......
*Don't mind my brows, they need to be done badly!

Other good colors to use are greens, blues, maroon, or pinks. Stay away from reds, yellows, and most oranges because they can make you look jaundice or sleepy. Best thing to do is draw a line of liner on your hand and hold it up to your eyes. This can give you an idea of how the color will affect your look. More importantly however, HAVE FUN! Color can brighten up the gloomiest of days.

...

That's all for now! Stay beautiful!

No comments:

Post a Comment