Saturday, July 17, 2010

glitter galore! [cherry culture haul]

Come one come all to my first haul blog posting! What better way to kick it off than with a post dedicated to a girls next best friend to diamonds: GLITTER! I was stumbling the internet (and if you don't know what "stumbling" is, click here to find out - it will change your life) in the health and beauty area, and came across a hidden treasure chest: Cherry Culture. There were pages and pages of discount makeup! It took me HOURS to finally figure out what I wanted to buy, and somehow, it ended up being mostly glitter. Ciest la vie. I think I had my halloween costume in mind. What is it? Ha! Wouldn't you like to know! Anyhow, this website is amazing. To put it in perspective I got 12 items for a total of 49.88! I really hope you find some of this stuff interesting. I haven't REALLY used any of these products yet, but I'll keep you posted when I do.



Wild and Crazy Eyeshadow in Purple Rock 2.00
NYX Glitter Powder in Disco Ball 1.25





I've been looking for a more true purple than the ones I have. Sadly, I don't think I found it. Although it shows up fairly pigmented and deep on my finger, it transfer much more lightly, but who knows what can happen with some primer and a brush! The loose glitter was kind of a pointless and spontaneous purchase. Especially after buying an entire NYX glitter cream palette (see below). Owell, there's never too much glitter... right? =/



Liners


**NOTE** The first two have a normal line and smudged line and the second to last has a thick and a thin.


**NOTE** These are the above liners with a layer of the glitter liner on top.







From left to right:
NYX Jumbo Eye Pencil in Milk 3.25
Styli-Style Line & Seal 24 in Navy Black 6.00
NYX Studio Liquid eyeliner in Extreme Coffee 4.50
Milani Eye Tech Liquid Liner in Black 6.99
NYX Candy Glitter Liner in Crystal 3.95

I cannot even tell you how long I have been wanting to get an NYX Jumbo Eye Pencil in Milk. I think every guru I've ever watched on youtube has a handfull of tutorials using it as a base or highlight. Finally, I have one of my own. I feel like owning it makes me more legit or something. ;-) I've also really been wanting a liquid liner with a felt tip. From what I've seen and heard, they make doing cat eyes much more easy. We shall see.




Amuse Powder Blush Palette 3.50





I was really excited to finally have a variety of blushes. I always tend to have the same three colors I use day in and day out, but I'm interested to see how this actually shows up on my face. When I tried to do swatches, it hardly showed up on my fore arm. I'm also slightly underwhelmed by how easily the blush loosened up. But we shall see, I'll get back to you guys with a full review.



NYX Fabulous Eyelashes 4.00







What girl doesn't need a FABULOUS pair of false lashes!? The first pair are great for a regular night out on the town or paired with a cat eye, nude shadow, peachy cheeks, and a killer red lip. I got the second two pairs for more glitzy occasions, or when a costume opportunity arises. Say, for instance, sometime like Halloween maybe? ;-)



NYX Glitterati Glitter Cream Palette 12.00







This palette should be a lot of fun. I like the variety of colors and the intensity of the glitter. It's interesting though, unlike anything else I've tried. The shadows have an extremely creamy consistency, with a bit of grittiness from the glitter. Be sure to keep an eye out for upcoming makeup looks with this palette; I can't wait to have fun with it!

That all for now. Stay beautiful!

2 comments:

  1. I hope you are going to be what we discussed for halloween! That will be amazing! The glitter over the liner looks great.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yup! That's the plan stan! I have soooo many makeup ideas for that costume now that I have all this stuff!

    ReplyDelete