Monday, August 9, 2010

new hair do!



I love getting my hair done! It's amongst my top ten favorite things. I dunno, there's just something about changing up the color or style of my hair that gives me a quick boost of confidence and energy. Not to mention, it feels great having someone play with my hair, wash it, and style it! And, not gonna lie, I kind of love the chemically smell that lingers around the first day and a half.

Anyhow, I've had an A-Line bob for the past 9 months, and although I've loved it and it looks great, I really miss curling and styling my long hair. Therefore, I have officially decided to grow it out! Not exactly sure to what length, but I can't wait! My hair grows fairly quickly, so by my birthday in November it should be close to 2 inches longer and landing close to my color bone. To help the grow out go more smoothly, my hair dresser shortened the front of my hair and simply trimmed up the ends.

For those of you who don't know me, I love being a red head! Every time I go in, I ask for more, more, and MORE red! I always send pictures to my hair dresser with ideas of what I want, and this time I sent a photo of Marsha Cross. Of course my hair was a bit too dark to get that bright, but I love how it turned out, and it's even more bright in the sun! I always have ideas of what I want, but give the hairdresser free reign of how to make it work on me in particular.

My hairdresser used a straightening iron to curl my hair. I can do this really well on long hair, but also struggle with this length, so I always ask for it to be curled when I get my hair done. I watched this youtube video to learn this technique.

That's all for now! Stay beautiful!



No comments:

Post a Comment