Wednesday, August 4, 2010

homemade hairspray

I found this recipe while stumbling and thought that my broke beauties may find it worthwhile and interesting. It has also inspired me to start a new stream of posts: homemade remedies and recipes.

If you don't want to make it over to the original site, here's the to-do for you!

Enjoy!


"DIY Eco Hairspray"



Ingredients:
1. lemon
2. lime
3. orange

If your hair is...
- dry, you might want to only use oranges.
- dark, avoid the lemon. It could lighten your hair, especially if you will be out in the sun.

How-to:
1. Cut into slices.
2. Combine slices in a pot with two cups of water.
3. Boil on low heat until about 1/2 of the liquid is left [about 30 minutes].
4. Strain and let cool.
5. Pour into spray bottle and store in the fridge.

*This spray will last about a week, since there are no preservatives.

*Optional: Add a few drops of a complimenting essential oil. Try vanilla, coconut, lavender, or cinnamon.

2 comments:

  1. Hey Kim,

    I'm loving the blog! Have you tried this recipe yourself?

    :) Liz

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've used recipes really similar to this one, but it's always lacked something. I think boiling the slices would give that extra umph. I will be sure to try it as soon as I'm back in California.

    Thanks for the support girl!

    =)

    ReplyDelete