Friday, August 13, 2010

stila one step makeup review


packaging


bottle and pump top



- review -

I watched a youtube review (as shown at bottom of post) about this foundation from one of my favorite gurus, xsparkage, and was really curious to try it out. HOWEVER, this little 1 fl. oz. bottle costs a whopping 44.00 at Sephora. I'm sorry, but I'm not typically one to spend nearly 50.00 on any kind of makeup, especially only 1 fl. oz. of it! Yet, as you can see, I am in possession of this ridiculously overpriced face makeup. How did this happen? Allow me to tell you a story my friend.

As you may already know, I was on the east coast visiting family this summer. I got to talking to my aunt about Sephora and makeup, and she randomly mentions that she has a 50.00 Sephora gift card that she doesn't plan to use, and proceeded to give it to me. YAY! Free makeup money! If you've purchased from Sephora online before, then you know they give you 3 free samples with each order. This time, one of my 3 samples was Stila's One Step Makeup. I tried it two days in a row and fell in love!


8:00am


6:00pm



- end of day -

It seems that only my laugh lines, which are always a problem for me, and a few blemishes are slightly showing through after 10 hours of wear and tear. Another common problem for me is shiny, oily skin by the end of the day. As you can see in the above pictures, I didn't have this problem with One Step. Although my skin wasn't as matte and dry as it had been at the beginning of the day, it was light years from it's usual end of the day shine.


PROS:
smooth
light
full coverage
lasts all day
don't need much
soft

CONS:
small
expensive

xsparkage's youtube review:

2 comments:

  1. I saw her review but your pics really showed the lasting power! I am now totally considering it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hell yea girl! It's the bomb.com! You should try and get a sample of it before purchasing it. I bet you could find one at a Sephora.

    ReplyDelete