Monday, July 12, 2010

big, luscious lashes!

Revlon Grow Luscious Mascara (c)
@Target for 7.99

REVIEW: I got this mascara a week ago, and have used it every day since. Although I am typically a skeptic towards these things, the commercial did catch my eye with Jessica Biel's convincing seduction. I mean, how in the world is a drug store brand mascara supposed to lengthen and thicken your lashes? Don't these things usually cost well into the 100s? Anyhow, I needed a new mascara, and Grow Luscious (c) was actually a dollar less than what I've been using. (L'Oreal Voluminous (c)).

There are two significant factors to a mascara: formula and wand. First, the formula. You have to find one that works best for you; every brand, and even mascaras within a brand, has a slightly different formula. Find the one that works best for you. Try out a few different ones before settling on a favorite.
**TIP** Ask your local drug store (CVS, Walgreens, Longs, etc) their return policy on makeup. Most that I have encountered, including Target, allow returns on ALL makeup, unopened and opened. Don't waste your money on something you know you won't use. Try it for a few days, if you don't like it, return it.
Even within a a brand or type of mascara there will be a variety of options: regular, water proof, and an array of colors. Often, the water proof is very different in comparison to the regular one. From my experience, I feel that they tend to be more slippery on the lashes which leads to clumps. Next the wand. There are a variety of designs such as the few examples below. I could get into all that, but I think that can be an entire blog in itself! =)


Anyhow, back to the topic at hand. I was pleasantly surprised to notice a significant difference within a few days. My lashes seem longer and more full with and without the mascara. Apart from these benefits, I really like both the wand and formula. The wand is a large triangle like shape which works well for my lashes; it coats each eyelash and adds the perfect amount of curl and volume. In addition, the formula is amazing. It's light, doesn't clump, and covers my lashes in very few coats. What more can a girl ask for!?

no mascara
after using Grow Luscious for 1 week


Grow Luscious
3-5 coats


old mascaras
2 mascaras
5+ coats each


It may be hard to tell, but there is a remarkable difference between Grow Luscious and the other mascaras. My old mascara routine was to use one to lengthen and one to thicken. This often lead to my lashes falling out and flaking. Grow Luscious, however, stays on all day without it feeling like I'm wearing anything on my lashes.

That's all for now. Stay beautiful.

2 comments:

  1. aight im gonna try this one cuz my eye lashes are supershort :-(

    I'm trusting you on this one
    i know where u used to live

    ReplyDelete
  2. haha. hope it works out for you, 'cause I'm really enjoying it!

    ReplyDelete